Visa On Arrival (VOA) is one of the several visa types issued by the Vietnamese Immigration Department to foreigners intending to enter the country. Unlike a Vietnam E-visa, citizens of all countries around the world can apply “Visa On Arrival” (VOA), applicants can apply VOA for staying for 1 month, 3 months, 6 months or 12 months with single entry or multiple entry.
If you want to pick up your visa on arrival at international airports of Vietnam, you should apply online through our website or contact your travel agent in Vietnam to ask for a visa approval letter from Vietnam Immigration Department (scroll down to see the sample the the visa approval letter below).
Then upon arrival at the international airports of Vietnam, you are required to show the visa approval letter to get visa stamped on your passport.
What is Visa Approval Letter?
Visa Approval letter is the letter approved, signed & red sealed by Vietnam Immigration Department (Vietnam Government), it allows you board and pick up your visa on arrival at any of the four international airports of Vietnam.
– Normally, you will get bulk applications or up to 30 persons and all applicants’ names are printed on one letter. This kind of letter is cheaper.
– If you are concerned about privacy or security, you can ask your agent for a private approval letter that bears only your name, and if applicable, the names of family members or friends who are travelling with you. This kind of letter require extra cost.
Print the entire approval letter (preferred in colored but not essential) and don’t forget to take it with you! Some airlines will ask to see the letter before they allow you to check in or board the aircraft and you will need it at the VOA desk when you arrive at the airport in Vietnam.
Where to pick up Vietnam visa on arrival?
With the visa approval letter, you can use it to get your Vietnam Visa at 1 of the 4 international airports of Vietnam. Including, Noi Bai airport (Ha Noi city), Tan Son Nhat airport (Ho Chi Minh City city), Cam Ranh airport (Nha Trang city) and Da Nang airport (Da Nang city).
On arrival to Vietnam, at international airports, you will see an office for issuing visa. The visa issuing office is located in front of passport control counter. See image below.
– “Visa On Arrival” office in Old Terminal – Noi Bai Int’l airport (in Hanoi city)
– “Visa On Arrival” office in New Terminal – Noi Bai Int’l airport (in Hanoi city)
– Tan Son Nhat int’l airport (in Ho Chi Minh city), you will see an office called “Landing Visa”
– Da Nang int’l airport (in Da Nang city), you will see an office called “Visa Issuing Office”
– Cam Ranh International airport (in Nha Trang city), you will see Immigration office where to issue visa on arrival.
What documents needed to pick up visa on arrival?
– To get visa on arrival, you should prepare some documents in advance: original passport + visa approval letter + Vietnamese Visa Application Form (we usually send this form in the email so you can fill, attach photo and sign to save time on arrival) + Stamping fee (25$/person for 1 month and 3 months single entry, 50$ for 1 month multiple entries and (less) 3 months multiple entries, 95$/person for less than 6 months multiple entries and 135$/person for 1 year visa)
– Wait to be called for paying stamp fee and get back the passport with visa inside.
Note: Please check your visa carefully and ask for correction immediately because you will have no chance to correct the mistake after exit passport control counter.